ONLINE STUDENT EXPERIENCE: STUDENT SERVICES AND SUPPORT
Putting the Students First
Purdue University Northwest blends a high-quality learning experience with extensive student support. Through academic coaches, technical support, financial services and much more, we focus on you, so you can focus on earning your degree.
Online Student Support Services
Your Academic Success Is Our Highest Goal
From the start of your program, Purdue Northwest resources are available to help you reach your goal of graduation.
PNW Academic Coaching
In each course, students are assigned an academic coach who is a highly qualified, experienced leader in his or her field and has earned a master's or doctorate degree. This academic role assists the professor and supports the student by providing feedback and answers to course-related questions.
Academic Advising Online Student Support Services
Your Academic Advisor will be on hand to support you throughout the program in the following ways:
- Guide you through your program and help you along your educational pathway
- Direct you to the appropriate people and resources for help
- Make sure you are getting answers about the different areas relating to school and the program
- Conduct admissions/graduation/periodic audits
- Confirm the application of transfer credit toward program requirements
- Track and monitor student progress and progression
For your Academic Advisor’s contact info, visit the Contact page.
RN-to-BSN students, visit Next Steps for details on working with your Advisor.
Purdue Northwest Online Student Experience
It is reassuring to know that technical support is available to make the online learning experience convenient. All you have to do is contact us, and a knowledgeable representative will help you solve your technical issues.
Please visit our technical support page.
Hammond Campus Online Nursing Blackboard Support
Office of Instructional Technology
Monday to Thursday, 8:00am to 8:00pm
Friday, 8:00am to 3:00pm
Saturday and Sunday, Closed
PNW Technology and Internet Requirements
An Internet connection is necessary to participate in discussions and assignments, access readings, transfer coursework and receive feedback from your teaching assistant and/or professor.
Start Your Journey Today!
Purdue Northwest provides a high-quality online learning environment to support servicemembers, spouses and their families in reaching their educational and career goals during and after their service to our country.
Visit our Military page to learn more.
As a nursing student, you have unlimited access to our expansive library resources, such as:
- 24/7 online access to over 90 online databases and electronic journal collections, and thousands of electronic books
- Support from university librarians, including subject specialists
- Onsite access to our campus libraries
- Loaner laptops
Our policies apply to all online students. A complete listing of school policies is available in the Purdue University Northwest Student Handbook, the Online RN-to-BSN Student Handbook and the College of Nursing Master’s Program Student Handbook.