Purdue Northwest Financial Aid for RN to BSN Online Program
How do I apply for financial aid?
Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.ed.gov. The Federal School Code for Purdue Northwest is 001827.
What types of financial aid are available?
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Direct Subsidized Stafford Loan (must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours during the semester/term)
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan (must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours during the semester/term)
- A partner scholarship is available to students employed by partner healthcare facilities. See the tuition page for more detail.
How do I know if my financial aid application has been processed?
After you submit your FAFSA application with your FSA ID, Purdue Northwest will process your application.
To view the status of your application, log into myPNW.
To access your Financial Aid information:
- On the myPNW Main Menu, click on Student Services & Financial Aid.
- On the Student Services & Financial Aid Menu, click on Financial Aid.
- On the Financial Aid Menu, click on Overall Status of Financial Aid.
- Select the current aid year.
- Select Student Requirements.
The Student Requirements tab allows you to view documents or information required from you in order to continue the processing of your aid.
- Select the Requirement Messages tab to view important messages to you from the Office of Financial Aid.
- Select the Holds tab to view any Financial Aid holds currently existing on your account.
- Select the Academic Progress tab to review your current status. If your status is Probationary you are at risk of losing your aid eligibility. If your status is "ineligible", you are currently not eligible to receive financial aid.
How do I know if my financial aid awards are ready to accept?
You will be notified by email and messages in myPNW when your awards are ready. Financial aid awards cannot be processed until you have:
- been formally admitted into the program
- completed online orientation
- registered for classes
Scholarships cannot be processed if you have not provided a partner healthcare code to our Admissions Office.
How is my enrollment calculated for financial aid purposes?
There are three consecutive class start dates in each semester (fall and spring). Your enrollment is based on the total number of credit hours for which you are registered during the semester/term. You may register in advance for all three classes in the semester.
When will my financial aid be posted to my account?
The earliest financial aid will be posted to your account is the Monday prior to the start of your first five-week session of the semester. Scholarships are paid at the beginning of each class and are based on the number of credit hours in the nursing course(s) you are taking. You will be charged the nonparticipating tuition and your scholarship will appear as a reduction to that tuition. Scholarships are not retroactive. Please provide your employer code to our Admissions Coordinator upon your acceptance into the program.
What are my options should my financial aid not be available at the time my bill is due?
You will need to pay your bill in full and will receive a refund once your financial aid is processed.
How do changes in my registration affect my financial aid eligibility?
Any change in your registration requires a re-evaluation of your aid eligibility. Should you no longer be eligible for part or all of your financial aid awards you will be required to repay part or all of those funds to the university.